Monday, March 18, 2013

Memories in design..

I've (we've) lived in Indiana MOST of my life. I was married here (twice ;)), all 4 girls were born here and most of my family lives in Indiana. In 2005 Eric and I embarked on a family adventure and decided on transferring to Texas. We started out living near Houston. I loved the hustle and bustle of city life! I was a kid in a candy store. So many shopping opportunities and things to do! (Going from 250k people to over 4 Million) and the weather...warm 10 months out of the year, and mild the other 2, we fell in love! We missed our family a lot, but oh how we loved Texas. My in laws showed us what the meaning of real southern hospitality and taught us about real Texas cuisine. I learned about flea markets and discovered my love of buying and selling via Craigslist! We also rekindled our faith, and found a church that changed our lives. 18 months after moving to Houston, the job crash started to happen, and we moved North to College Station, an exciting college town commonly known as "Aggieland" During those two years we fell in love with Texas even more..we discovered blue bonnets, Blue Bell Ice cream, BBQ, Aggie football and Longhorns! Also during this time we took in a very special houseguest, my dad. So all of our memories became that more special. It all changed when the job crash came to Central Texas we all lost our jobs... But we weren't leaving just yet. Jobs were plentiful in Houston and in Dallas - we both found work within a couple weeks and we moved North yet again, to Dallas. Big D.. By far my favorite place out of the three. So much to do..the Farmers Market where I became obsessed with everything fresh, Cowboy Stadium, the Stockyards where I could walk with the Longhorns, Mockingbird Place, Uptown and Delaney Plaza. I was in my element. We did something every weekend (even trying to find where "W" lived as well as Mark Cuban) it was a whirlwind year.. But home and family called my name and we knew we had to go back to Indiana. I was happy to be closer to our family, but I missed "home". Enter the design portion (sorry for bring long winded) I love "upcycling" repurposing things and giving things new life. Everything in our master is used, nothing is new. From the crisp white duvet I bought on EBay to the antique cowhide on the floor. The headboard is made out of old cedar fence panels. The feature wall is all things Texas..prints from a local Dallas photographer, my old truck plate, and the piece de la resistance..a photo my dad took at one of our old hangouts in College Station. It's crisp, rustic and Texas, and I love it! My husband calls it Texas throwback... I called it comfortable.. I hope you like it..









01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment