Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Like Mother, like Daughter..

Over the last few years of buying, selling furniture, recycling and up cycling stuff I think my girls have gotten the decorating bug. So, while I'm working on a few projects (of course to be blogged soon) McKenna got anxious and wanted her room painted. Since we had just done her room in the old house, she was not on the top of updates list. So I said I would provide the materials, and she can do and recruit a few friends too. She wasn't sure what to paint it, but I had a stash to choose from. I have a habit of picking up "oops paint" at Lowes (sometimes at the depot but not daily like Lowes - GREAT $$ saving tip), its $5 a gallon, and if you want a quart most times they are $2.50. I had picked up two gallons of oops Valspar a few weeks back, one a light grey and the other a darker. She tested a few strips in her room and made a decision. She recruited her sisters for help... For a first timer she did a great job! I may also note that her headboard is an old closet door that we painted and she stenciled and wrote on.







01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment