Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bargain basement find..

I love a good deal, and as I have stated before I don't buy anything full price... Well, scratch that, my beloved West Elm Owl lamp was purchased at full price (I was in a rare mood that day). Most retailers, whether it be Ikea or Pottery Barn, or even Anthropologie have a sale area, and I know where they are. Target end caps are my favorite hideout as well.. There are even websites that have "unofficial" discount schedules (here's one: http://faithfulprovisions.com/2012/06/12/how-to-shop-clearance-items-at-target-targets-markdown-schedule/)
When we made our yearly trip up to Ikea a few weeks ago (no I have to drive to Ikea too) I couldn't wait to get to the end of the blue line and see the discount area! There is always tons of stuff. From dented furniture to pre-owned duvets and curtains to mattresses stacked high. There is always fun stuff to dig through. Since I gained a breakfast nook in our new house I had a space to fill.. I really wasn't looking for a table but there it was... A small round table that looked liked Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, that just wanted to be loved...AND it was only $29! Yeah it had some issues but it wasn't anything some putty couldn't fix. I haven't decided if I will leave it black or paint it, but for now here's the before and after.





01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment