Monday, April 8, 2013

Fun with Decoupage.

Recently I've been working with Modge Podge. I first learned about this sticky glue when I was home with the girls watching The Rosie O'Donnell Show wayyy back in the 90's. She was a crafting menace. Since I've been reviving furniture and finally making a business out of it, I decided to create a few pieces with decoupage. Modge Podge works on "most" paper (I say most because I used a transparent paper and it was a disaster) I use craft paper - it's cheap, usually a $1 or less, and there are tons of choices. You can get craft paper at any craft store, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JO ANN, etc.. It is also great on newspaper (that's another blog). When using Modge Podge be quick and patient. Put the glue on the portion of the piece your working with, as well as on the back of the paper. Gently put the glued paper on the project piece and press into place, push out any bubbles, and make sure you glue the seams. Its a lot like wallpaper. In this piece, a sofa table, I wanted to bring a sense of uniqueness to it. So at the advisement of my 16 year old, I used a a music sheet and decoupaged the drawer, after I had glazed the whole piece I also glazed the drawer, it toned down the whites so it could blend in with the whole piece. Viola! A new sofa table.

01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment